Framingham has plenty of resources for residents, but you have to know where to look. We did the looking. This is a guide to local organizations that can help you with basic necessities, like food and electricity, as well as logistical things, like enrolling your kids in school. For further help or information, please contact our office by email ( or or phone (617-722-2140). 

Where do I go for food assistance? 

The City of Framingham’s website has information on current hot meal and food pantry offerings:


Some Framingham Public Schools students qualify for free or reduced lunch based on household income. To apply, visit the FPS Food Services website


The Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Nutrition Program provides services such as food and health education for qualifying Massachusetts residents. 


Daniel’s Table stocks 23 freezers around Framingham with fresh frozen meals. 


Click the following links to find out about other nearby food pantries:

A Place to Turn (Natick)

Celebration International Church (Wayland)

Hope Worldwide

Jewish Family Services 

Pearl Street Cupboard & Café

Salvation Army

St. Bridget

Sudbury Community Food Pantry (Sudbury)


How do I enroll my child in Framingham Public Schools?

Every child, regardless of immigration status, is entitled to a free public school education in their town of residence. Start by pre-registering your child online at this link and selecting a time slot for an interview. A registrar will contact you to complete the process. For more info, read about the Parent Information Center.  


What free programs are available for students?

Hoops & Homework offers academic and enrichment services to youth ages 5-14 residing around the Beaver and Waverly Street areas. Individual schools may have after school programs as well. 


How do I use public libraries? 

You may sign up for a temporary card online, which allows you to download ebooks and access state provided databases. Bring identification and proof of current address to a library to receive a permanent card. Framingham Public Library has two locations: the main library at 49 Lexington St. and the McAuliffe Branch at 746 Water St. Both are part of the Minuteman Library Network, so your library card gives you access to materials from libraries across MetroWest. 


All Massachusetts residents are also eligible for a Boston Public Library card. Residents can register online for e-cards, which provide access to digital resources. Visit a BPL branch to get a full-access card. 


I lost my job. Where do I go for financial help?

Apply for unemployment assistance online or call (877) 626-6800. If you’re having trouble getting your check, contact our office. 


What resources are available to seniors? 

The Callahan Senior Center offers informative and recreational activities for people 55 and older. For up-to-date programming, visit their website


The City of Framingham provides free and low-cost taxi rides to seniors within city limits. Call the Callahan Center at 508-532-5980 to schedule a ride, and read about transportation in Framingham for more info. 


What resources are available to low-income residents? 

Comcast Internet Essentials provides low-cost internet and the option of purchasing a low-cost computer for low-income individuals. 


Qualifying households can receive financial assistance for heating from the SMOC (South Middlesex Opportunity Council) Fuel Assistance Program


What resources are available to immigrants?

JFS of MetroWest provides free help with the citizenship process for green card holders. Project Citizenship in Boston also provides free assistance with the application process. 


What resources are available to people with disabilities?

The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) helps individuals with disabilities to live and work independently. MRC is responsible for Vocational Rehabilitation, Community Living, and Disability Determination for federal benefit programs. The MetroWest Center for Independent Living offers guidance and training for people with disabilities.

Are there any programs for veterans?

The Framingham city website has a list of services for veterans. 


Where can I get free legal help?

MetroWest Legal Services provides free civil legal aid to low-income people and victims of crime. Their priority practice areas include: Family Law, Housing, Homeless Advocacy, Government Benefits (including Social Security), Education, Elder Law & Immigration. For more info, visit


How do I sign up for health insurance and other benefits? 

The Latino Health Insurance Program offers assistance signing up for health insurance and other resources, like SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and WIC (Women, Infants, & Children). 


Apply for MassHealth (online, over the phone, in-person, by mail, or by fax) to find out if you are eligible for free or low-cost insurance coverage. For people ages 65 and over, apply for MassHealth coverage for seniors and people of any age who need long-term-care services. Help applying is available from enrollment assisters


Residents with Medicare can meet with a SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) counselor to learn about other programs that may be helpful in covering costs of medical care. 


I don’t have health insurance. Where can I get free medical care? 

During non-pandemic times, the MetroWest Free Medical Program provides free medical assistance for the uninsured and under-insured at 110 Edgell Rd in Framingham and 105 Hudson Rd in Sudbury. For updated information, visit


The Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center bills on a sliding scale for essential services. For more information, call 1.800.853.2288, email, or visit


The Framingham Public Library has a list of other resources for dental care, mental health care, and women’s and children’s healthcare, among others.


The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24/7 to help anyone struggling with a suicidal crisis or emotional distress: 1-800-273-8255 


Where can I reach out for assistance with domestic and sexual abuse?

Voices Against Violence works to help victims of sexual and domestic violence. It has a 24-hour hotline, crisis intervention, confidential short-term emergency shelter, counseling and support groups, information and referrals, and medical, legal, and criminal justice advocacy. 


Services are provided in English, Spanish, and Portuguese and are available to everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.


Who can help me file taxes?

Programs like TCE and VITA offer free help filing taxes to low-income and/or elderly individuals.  



JFS of MetroWest offers free programs for MetroWest residents in a variety of areas: food assistance, academic empowerment, children’s clothing, elder care, and more. 


Bilingual Resources

Contact Framingham’s Bilingual Center at 508-532-5980.


How do I get a driver’s license?

For information on applying for a driver’s license or transferring one from another state, visit the Mass Department of Motor Vehicles website. 


Can I apply for tax abatement? 

For information on real estate taxes and to apply for tax abatement, visit the Assessing Department & Board of Assessors


What free or low-cost entertainment is available in Framingham?

  • Concerts are held on the common on Friday evenings during the summer. 

  • The Framingham Public Library offers passes for free or low-cost admission to various museums, historical attractions, botanic gardens, and zoos. 

  • AMC Theaters has discount tickets on Tuesdays for Stubs members (membership is free).


Where are there parks? 

  • Cushing Memorial Park (80 Dudley Rd; parking and entrance is free)

  • Callahan State Park (1048 Edmands Rd or 180 Millwood St; parking and entrance is free)

  • Cochituate State Park (43 Commonwealth Rd, Natick; parking is $8 for MA residents during the summer)

  • This guide shows Framingham parks, athletic fields, and recreational amenities 

  • YMCA of MetroWest offers discounted memberships to people with proven financial need.